I'm a Kamloops Arts & Crafts Blogger!

Whether I’m sewing, crocheting, card making, painting, or doodling, I’d love you to come join me in my studio in Kamloops, B.C. Don’t forget to check out my free digitals and vintage graphics while you’re here. Enjoy your visit!

Please see my Digital Stamps Info & Terms page for terms of use on freebies and some helpful information on digital stamps.

Dec 21, 2016

Things That Go Bumpy and a Grinch

How are you all doing with your Christmas plans? Almost there? 

I've actually done quite well this year, but I did take it easy on myself by purchasing a few gift cards. However, I do love to make things, so when I saw this extremely cheerful, whymsical, gorgeously textured hat - I was sold!


I. Just. Love. It

I completed this hat early yesterday and I've worn it out twice and received multiple compliments on it, mostly from complete strangers. This hat makes me feel happy and cheerful and colorful. It's comfy and warm and that's great for this time of year. 

I just hope no one mistakes me for a real elf! It's definitely a possibility.

And, I know you want to make one too, because who wouldn't?

Get your copy of the pattern from Frenchie Leigh (don'tcha love her name?) at one of the links I've provided -

OR, she might even make one for you. :-)


Yup, this hat definitely made me feel cheerful! But unfortunately I have a confession to make! 

I've been a bit of a Grinch lately. Yes, it's true. This was never truer than last night when I went to our annual family Christmas party. My daughter in law and her sister do a wonderful job of these events. Food, games and fun for all! 

This year Santa, aka 'Boompah Claus', read a story and we had to pass the gifts right or left according to the story line. When the story was done, we opened the gift we ended up with. I got the rosehips in a burlap sack. Turns out it went well with my Christmas sign when I got it home.

Later, we separated into 3 large groups and picked names out of a bag. Each group had names from a Christmas movie. As it turned out, I got --- you guessed it --- the Grinch! Haha!It's been a year. Let me tell ya!  

We searched through baskets of crafts, clothing, etc. and made our costumes. Then the other groups had to guess who we were dressed as, and we had to guess theirs. Quite a lot of fun. Thankfully I don't have a good picture of my costume. However, they guessed quite easily. The green feathers on my fingers and eyebrows must have given me away.

Ya, no picture for you! I have to keep my dignity intact.

However, here's a cute one of a couple of the kids. Can you guess who they are?


Well, I guess you've made it to the end of this blog post.


Thank you all for coming by my little blog on the web this year! I really do enjoy seeing your comments and interacting with you either here or on my Facebook page!

I hope you all have a VERY Merry Christmas and Best Wishes in 2017! Remember to hug your loved ones every day, just because!

Snow Angels and Mistletoe Kisses to you all,

Carmen

6 comments:

  1. Love that hat - it is amazing with both the textures and the colours!! Your Christmas sounds as though it has been fun so far.
    Christmas blessings to you and yours
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maxine! Yes, even the Grinch eventually figured out how to enjoy Christmas! Lol! Christmas Blessings to you as well!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful post and very beautiful hat. Will go and look for the pattern

    Have a very Happy Christmas Carmen

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chrissie! I hope you do- I really enjoyed making this hat and love the way it turned out! Merry Christmas to you!

      Delete
  3. LOVE the hat! Sounds like a fun, fun, time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments!